Sunday 18 January 2015

Once Young and Now Old





Everything that has a beginning must terminate somewhere. New clothes get old and turn to rags. If good things are not properly kept, they can easily get spoilt.

 I was once young but now I am getting old. From childhood; a helpless stage of growth; I was strictly under the supervision of my parents and some good adults who cared. 

At teenage, a bit in-between; one could be on his own; but not yet totally independent. You may be an adolescent or a youngster now; a deceptive spirit seems to rule; one thinks he can go it all alone; one thinks he knows it all; a little rebellion sets in; life becomes a testing ground; more adventurous and disastrous; some mistakes made here can be corrected but many will remain irreparable. 

However, in whichever stage of growth you find yourself, you must learn to put total confidence in God  to order your steps in the life sail to a meaningful destiny. If God’s light was not on your path, you will be lost in darkness.

Yes, I was young, but now old. I was once a youth, but now about 65 years old! I thank God for His grace, I am faring well spiritually and His Holy Name must glorified by my incredible testimonies.

 Is. 40:29-31 “He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.”
     

No comments:

Post a Comment