Tuesday 10 February 2015

MUCH FRUIT BEARING BRANCH





Jesus Christ Our Lord and Saviour taught the concept of Christian productivity; He referred to it as much fruit bearing  in the Gospel according to John 15:1-8:

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”

5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” NIV

All Christian faith commitment should find strong bearing from its original Source. God Himself is the Source of our faith, salvation, and deliverance from sin, Satan and death through His Son Jesus Christ. He made it possible for Christ Jesus to accomplish our salvation work on the rugged cross at Golgotha; and that is what qualifies us into a fruitful ministry.

We are therefore bound to remain connected to the True Vine as branches. The branch derives all energy from the main tree; right from the roots to the stem. The branch should never allow its detachment from the Vine or else it withers away and gains no place for much fruit bearing anymore.

Read the verses above with intent carefulness and make an a lifetime resolve to remain intact to the True Vine and ensure your Christian life continue in abundant fruitfulness. These much fruits should be portrayed in definite assignments of the word, prayer, worship, winning souls, setting the captives free, healing the sick, raising the dead and all related God’s Kingdom duties. Your constant connection with the Source, gives access to the Spirit’s power for the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment