Tuesday 24 February 2015

THE INNER DISCIPLINE (I)




The spirit being; the heart and the mind of a person play a very important role in the way one lives. There can be a loose or even an empty and chaotic management of these human faculties. There must be an adequate attention needed to enable these aspects of the hardly noticeable human necessities.

How many people have any consciousness of an inner existence? We can only and easily yield to and be controlled so much by our senses, emotions and by the material world around us than by our unseen reality within us.

Paul admonished Timothy to meditate;   1Tim 4:15 “Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.”

Meditation, I believe is an act of heart applications to inner duties. Meaningful or purposeful achieving realities take place at the instances of devoted meditation.

A lot of events perform so much within a person, most times without invitation; it is like an unconscious intrusion into or interference with a person’s inner reality.

Therefore, serious necessary spiritual disciplinary methods need to be enforced into one’s life for an-all round life perfection. Some Spiritual lessons can guide us here;

Ps 63:6; “When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.”

Ps 77:12; “I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.”

Ps 104:34; “May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad in the LORD.”

Ps 119:15; “I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.”

Ps 119:99; “I have more understanding than all my teachers, For Your testimonies are my meditation.”

Ps 119:148; “My eyes are awake through the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment