Tuesday 24 February 2015

THE INNER DISCIPLINE (II)




A constant rehearsal of the mind, spirit or heart training is the only way for stability in life and valuable undertakings. How can this be done? Only in the place of prayer can spiritual intents are planned and executed.

One day, quietly on my knees; I clearly noticed an urge to apply my inner being to relate with God. And instantly, I heard Him communed within me; 1Cor 2:16 “For ‘who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him?’ But we have the mind of Christ.”   

The necessity to involve my heart into work; except my inner being is fully engaged in God’s Word-thoughts; it has an uncontrollable tendency to just get busy with things that are irrelevant to one’s spiritual increase.

So, as I remained insistently silent with the clear determined intention to allow the Spirit of God take charge of my spirit being; and allow my mind to be ruled by the very mind of Christ; or also allow God’s heart to replace my own heart.

It was a perfect approach to the inner discipline of my life. The more I allowed it, the more I had assurance of its reality function within me. This can develop into God’s reality; miracles and signs and wonders truly working in and through the believer.

The following and other similar scriptures can help in the meditative exercises of the inner being:

Rom 8:6; “For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” 1Cor 2:16; “For who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.” Php 2:5;   “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment